SEOUL, Oc. 6 (Yonhap) — The bereaved family of a South Korean resident killed in last week’s powerful earthquake in Indonesia has completed funeral procedures for the victim in the Southeast Asian country, a diplomatic source said Saturday.
The family, along with the man’s remains, is set to arrive in Korea on Sunday, the source said.
The man, who lived in Bali, had traveled to the central island of Sulawesi, which was devastated by the 7.5-magnitude quake and ensuing tsunami. On Thursday, his body was discovered under the debris of a hotel there.
Seoul’s foreign ministry and its embassy in Indonesia have been providing assistance for the funeral procedures since his body was found.
Source: Yonhap News Agency