A huge python has died after swallowing a cat in Queensland, Australia

Francis Bakvis, the cat’s owner, was horrified to find his 16-year-old cat dead inside the snake’s stomach.

He found the bloated reptile in his garden after noticing a bad smell.

“I pulled the dead snake onto the lawn,” Bakvis told local news website the Cairns Post. “A bit of its skin was already decomposing. I could see there was my cat.”

His black and white cat was reportedly sleeping on a veranda Bakvis said he had lived at the property for 15 years and had never seen a python before.

“It was pretty miserable to see him go that way,” Bakvis said. “He was getting old and not 100 per cent clear in his little brain sometimes. ”

.

SOURCE: The Korea Times