SEOUL-- Daewoo Engineering and Construction Co., a major construction firm here, said Monday it will partner with Tata Projects Ltd. to build a 953 billion-won (US$863 million) bridge in India.

Daewoo E and C and TPL won the order from the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA). MMRDA plans to build the 22-kilometer-long Mumbai Trans Harbour Sea-Link as part of the $2.2 billion project, Daewoo E and C said in a statement.

The two builders won the "Package 2" of the mega project and will complete their part of the total project in the next 54 months. Daewoo E and C holds a 60 percent stake in the 7.8-kilometer Package 2 project, with the remaining 40 percent held by TPL, it said.

Source: Yonhap News Agency